All International students need F1 VISA to study in any of the US universities. Student VISA to USA is very simple; yet very difficult to get! You can start your VISA process once you receive an admission (I-20) from the university. You will typically have to attend a personal interview at the US Embassy / Consulate for obtaining a F1 VISA. Outcome of the VISA is completely at the discretion of the VISA officer. You will be interviewed by the Consular Officer and based on your answers and paper work they will take a call on your F1 VISA. During the interview, the Consular Officer will evaluate your case mainly observing your intent to visit the United States, your academic and financial background, your travel history and several other factors. If the F1 VISA is approved, then the Consular Officer collects the passport to print the F1 VISA on it and will return it back to you through courier. You will get to know the outcome of the F1 VISA on the same day of your interview and it might take around 5-6 days for them to send the passport back to you.
GENERAL PROEDCURE FOR A F1 STUDENT VISA TO USA
- The first thing that is required for a student VISA to USA is a valid I-20
- After securing the I-20, students are required to schedule an appointment with the American Embassy / Consulate for which they have to fill an online VISA application form DS-160. This form DS-160 can be accessed at ustraveldocs.com. DS-160 form has to be filled with utmost care as it cannot be modified later. Once the form is submitted, a confirmation will be generated with a bar code, which has to print.
- Meanwhile, pay the VISA application fee of $160 in any AXIS bank. This fee will be activated after 4-5 hrs. of the payment.
- The next step is scheduling an appointment at the Embassy / Consulate. Appointment can be scheduled through ustraveldocs.com.One needs to confirm two different appointments: one for the Bio-Metrics and the second one for the VISA interview.
- Pay the SEVIS fee of $200 through fmjfee.com . Print the receipt of the same and needs to be presented at the time of VISA interview.
- Students needs to report for their VISA interview at the American Consulate on the day of their appointment with all the necessary documents that are required
LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE STUDENT VISA TO USA
- DS 160 CEAC Barcode Confirmation
- SEVIS Fee Receipt
- Passport â€“ Original
- I-20 and the University Acceptance Letterâ€“ Original
- 10thand 10+2 Certificates – Original
- Graduation Individual Mark sheets – Original
- Provisional Certificate / Convocation – Original
- TOEFL / IELTS / GRE / GMAT / SAT Score Card – Original
- Work experience Certificates (If Any)
- Appropriate Financial Documents and other supporting documents